*Complimentary use of ALL our props (Bolsters, blankets, balls, mats, straps, chairs).
*Access to online video tutorials (e.g. partner yoga practice)
*Access to our VIP Facebook Group with more resources
*Opportunity to connect with other mums to be
*Personalised feedback from a registered yoga teacher
For women at any stage of their pregnancy, who want to incorporate yoga into part of their pregnancy self-care.
Focus will be on safe, (following the 'golden rules'), mindful alignment in easeful postures for mum and baby, incorporating movement, breath-work, and guided meditation in each class.
Your teacher, Karma, will compassionately guide & adapt your yoga giving you options that suit you and baby's needs. You will move, strengthen, tone, breathe, and nourish both mum and baby.
Remember, you don’t need to be flexible or strong to do yoga, all levels of experience are welcome: whether you are completely new to yoga or have been practicing for years. With more or less, the same people each week, there is also an opportunity to connect and share your journey with other mums to be. So, we would like to encourage you to spread the word with your friends, medical professionals you see, your community & anyone else you know.
- Can help with processing the news of motherhood and managing fear of the unknown.
- Helps to relieve stress, by encouraging calm and relaxation
- Increases health and overall wellness with mental and physical strength and flexibility
- Empowers the post-natal healing process, physically and emotionally
- Brings awareness and focus on the muscles/parts of the body involved in childbirth and labour, such as the core and pelvic floor
- Relieves aches and pains associated with pregnancy
- Opens the upper body, to prepare for feeding, carrying your new baby, and to help avoid problems in these areas
- Improves joint circulation which prevents oedema (swelling)
- Offers a community and connection with other women going through similar journeys with their pregnancies
Note: The studio is mandated by the government to close at Covid-19 Alert Level 4 & 3. However, classes will continue to run 'live online' with class recordings available for 2 days post class. Please advise your teacher if you are unable to practise from home. The studio will open it's doors at Alert Level 2.